1. Advance bids in the mail or over the phone must be accompanied by a certified check for the full amount of the bid, refundable if the bidder is unsuccessful, or a valid Visa or Mastercard.
2. TERMS: Cash (In House Only); checks are considered cash (In House Only) provided the buyer is accredited with the auctioneers or with proper identification, valid Visa or Mastercard.
3. All sales are final. Merchandise becomes the bidder's property when the hammer falls and the auctioneer calls the bidder's number.
4. While Northgate Gallery has endeavored to catalogue and describe the property correctly, all property is sold "as is," and neither Northgate Gallery nor its consignor will be responsible for the description, genuineness, provenance, or condition of the property. No statement contained in the catalogue or made orally at the sale or elsewhere shall be deemed to be such a warranty or representation or an assumption of liability. Purchasers should satisfy themselves as to the condition, quality and description before bidding.
5. Northgate Gallery reserves the right to withdraw any item at any time before the sale.
6. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the event of any dispute between bidders the auctioneer shall have absolute discretion either to determine the successful bidder, in which event his determination shall be final, or to reoffer and resell the article in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, Northgate Gallery's sale record shall be conclusive as to who was the purchaser, the amount of the highest bid, and in all other respects.
7. If the auctioneer, in his sole and final discretion, decides that any original bid is not commensurate with the value of the article offered, or, having acknowledged sufficient amount, he may reject the same.
8. Buyers must remove items purchased. Northgate Gallery will be happy to assist buyers in the delivery or shipping of purchases at the buyer's expense. Purchases must be removed within five business days following the sale.
9. In the event that a buyer fails to comply with any of the above conditions, or fails to pay for or take away any lot in accordance with above conditions, Northgate Gallery, Inc., in addition to other remedies available to us and the seller by law, including without limitation, the right to hold the buyer liable for the total purchase price, plus reasonable attorney's fees connected therein, may at our option either, (a) cancel the sale, retaining as liquidated damages all payments made by the buyer, or (b) resell the property at public auction without reserve, and the initial defaulting buyer will be liable for any deficiency, costs, including handling charges, expenses for both sales, our commission for both sales at our regular rates, and any and all incidental damages.
10. A 15% buyer's premium will be added as part of the purchase price for online bidding.
11. AF stands for " as found." Please call, or send email, for detailed condition reports.
12. Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Northgate Gallery Auctioneers shall have no responsibility for any error or omission. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging.
13. Prospective buyers are strongly advised to personally examine any property in which they are interested, before the auction takes place. Condition reports are usually available on request. All lots are sold "AS IS" and without recourse and neither Northgate Gallery, Inc. nor its consignor(s) makes any warranties or representations, express or implied with respect to such lots. Neither Northgate Gallery, Inc. nor its consignor(s) makes any express or implied warranty or representation of any kind or nature with respect to merchantability, fitness for purpose, correctness of the catalogue or other description of the physical condition, size, quality, rarity, importance, medium, material, genuineness, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin, exhibitions, literature or historical significance of any lot sold. The absence of any reference to the condition of a lot does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging. No statement, whether written or oral, and whether made in this catalogue, or in supplements to this catalogue, an advertisement, a bill of sale, a salesroom posting or announcement, the remarks of an auctioneer, or otherwise, shall be deemed to create any warranty, representation or assumption of liability. Northgate Gallery, Inc. and its consignor(s) make no warranty or representation, express or implied, that the purchase will acquire any copyright or reproduction rights to any lot sold. Northgate Gallery Inc. expressly reserves the right to reproduce any image of the lots sold in this catalogue.